at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax USA - Seattle, WA
The Zemax Go-To-Market team is looking for an experienced, events manager to own our global conferences and third-party event programs to help us reach the next stage of growth for our business.
You must have a real passion for events alongside a positive, self-motivated, can-do attitude and will step in at any point to help or support the team and do whatever it takes to drive successful outcomes. If you're looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, we want to speak to you!
The ideal candidate will utilize their deep event marketing, communications, lead generation expertise, and exceptional project management to manage event strategy, planning and ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver customer focused high-quality event programs.
As the Event Marketing Manager, you will be a key leader to setting events' direction and vision; driving ROI by putting the right audience at the right event at the right time to drive their buying decisions and preference for Zemax products; developing, designing, and delivering a wide variety and large quantity of marketing and communications tactics. The position requires superior organization and negotiation skills, as well as being able to manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively. You will be an experienced marketer with a solid understanding of measurement methodologies and can drive thought leadership, contribute to building individual event strategies that align to business objectives and ensure event success and excellence in event marketing execution.
Among our events are Zemax Envision Global User Conference (three per year; one held in each of our regions â€“ USA, EMEA, APAC), third-party industry events, and our annual Sales Kickoff (SKO).
- Plan, manage and execute global corporate and third-party events
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and activities with external vendors and event partners
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Determine fiscal requirements and manage event budgets
- Coordinate event environment (signage, branding etc.) and manage execution of events onsite
- Analyze event operations and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within the events
- Trouble shoot, and smooth issues related to the successful execution of event programs
- Provide post event analysis, budget recaps, internal feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans
- Ensure our event presence is on strategy and consistent
- Increase event ROI by researching current customers/pipeline data and align to corporate/sales strategies to identify the ideal audience mix at global Envision events.
Success will be measured by the impact the events and portfolio have on: the attendees perceptions of Zemax and our products; building affinity for Zemax and our events; and pipeline creation and movement.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Should Have
- 7+ years in event and program management, demand generation, audience acquisition, event marketing and communications.
- A widely-respected reputation for: delivering impact, creating clarity in a complex environment, high volume output of high-quality communications plans and tactics.
- Successfully built the interest, awareness, and purchase of a product or service such as an event, conference, training program, experience.
- Experience with the business impact and strategic use of large user conferences, global seminar series, 3rd party events in the IT industry.
- Direct experience managing large event budgets.
- Direct experience leading diverse teams (employees, vendors, contractors) towards a shared vision and goal.
- Exceptional leadership, team-building, collaborative skills developing and working with high performing teams who understand business and audience needs. And proven ability to contribute to cross-functional global teams.
- The ability to travel as needed including to event sites for multiple days.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel and event technologies (eg. Cvent)
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- Experience working with a technology company is a plus
Zemax enables our customers to quickly bring new optical products to life through Zemax Virtual Prototyping: a range of our products and design methodologies that allows cross-functional engineering teams to get products to market faster.
Our vision is that our customers will realize faster times to market, reduced costs, and improved internal processes. Zemax is the only company that offers optical engineers and mechanical engineers the ability to work together collaboratively with fewer hand-offs and better workflows, which means optical products get manufactured faster without iterations of physical prototypes.
Since 1991, Zemax has been driven by people passionate about the optical product space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last few years, Zemax has seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, Zemax has expanded sales and service support globally with operations in London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Taipei.
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and employees are our greatest assets. At Zemax, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of energetic co-workers on projects that impact a variety of industries.
Be sure to check Zemax's Glassdoor page for more about what it's like to work at Zemax.